The classic G&T ( Gin and Tonic ) served with a slice of lime is one of the best beverages in summer. I mean, who doesn’t like a Gin and Tonic when the sun is shining?
Gin and tonic are easy but you have to know what kind of Gin you can serve for it. The problem with serving Gin in the early days was that they were not considered sophisticated enough to be mixed with pure Gin. In fact, there were tons of ready-made cocktails available on markets that had a huge proportion of sweetness according to popular taste at that time. But today! Thank god people are being more mature about drinking beverages…
The problem with making this drink is also related to ice cubes. A lot of people don’t even think about Ice cubes. The truth is that the ice cubes are a very important part of the whole G&T. It all starts with good ice cubes. It will make your G&T more refreshing, chill it properly and give you a nice cold drink without any odor or weird thing happening to your drink.
If you want to create something ‘SOMETHING’ for yourself or for your guests why not try this article? I hope you will find it useful enough to enjoy a great summer day 🙂
The best way to serve Gin & Tonic according to me :
- Use fresh lemon juice instead of bottled one – You can buy lemons from a supermarket or fruit shop, cut each half into thin slices put them in the freezer. Freezing lemons is a great idea. Just try to use lemon slices after they thaw out.
- Using tonic water which has quinine, is very important.
- If you want bubbles, don’t pour it from high or shake your Gin & Tonic before pouring into the glass because it will give another huge of bubbles that are not needed at all.
- Fill the glass with lots of ice cubes – It will chill your Gin &Tonic and make sure there is no smell from melted ice cubes because frozen ones won’t melt so fast and release a bad smell in your drink. In addition, placing a thin slice of lemon on top of the ice cube gives even more freshness 🙂
So, these are my tips for the perfect Gin & Tonic. What about you? What is your favorite way to make it? Let us know in the comments below!
Nowadays, there are a lot of different Gins available on the market, so it can be tricky to know which one to use for a Gin and Tonic. Here are my top 16 picks for the best Gins to use for a G&T:
- Hendrick’s Gin – This gin is made with Bulgarian rose petals and cucumber, which gives it a unique and refreshing flavor. It’s perfect for a summer drink!
- Monkey 47 Gin – This gin is made from 47 different herbs and spices which gives it a very unique taste. It’s a great choice for a G&T!
- Dillon’s Small Batch Distilled Gin – Made in Ohio, this gin has a lot of citrus flavor to it and tastes really fresh! I love using it in my summer cocktails.
- Martin Miller’s Westbourne Strength Gin – This is another gin that has risen petals in it, but it also has some lighter floral notes to the taste as well! It’s very refreshing.
- Plymouth Navy Strength Gin – If you like sweeter gins, this is the one to try! It’s got strong juniper notes, along with some citrus and spice.
- Four Pillars Navy Strength Gin – This is another great Australian gin that’s perfect in a G&T! It has salty, bitter notes to it that go really well in the drink.
- Damrak Gin – If you’re looking for an Amsterdam-style gin for your G&T, this is the one to get! It has subtle spicy notes and tastes great on its own or mixed into cocktails as well!
- Beefeater 24 – Another excellent choice from Beefeater, this one took about two years to create due to all of the different botanicals used in it! I love drinking this over ice and sipping it slowly.
- Tanqueray Malacca – This gin is made with botanicals from all over the world, and it really shows in the flavor! It’s a great choice if you want something a bit more exotic in your G&T.
- Bombay Sapphire East – If you’re looking for a classic gin to use in your G&T, Bombay Sapphire East is a great choice! It has hints of citrus and spice that balance out the sweetness of tonic water perfectly.
11 . Citadelle Réserve – Created by French winemakers, this gin is infused with botanicals found in the Cognac region of France. It’s perfect for a G&T!
- Death’s Door Gin – This is another great American gin that has some nice juniper notes along with spicy and floral flavors. It works well in both cocktails or on its own!
- Tanqueray Export Strength – A slightly drier version of traditional Tanqueray gin, this one works really well in a G&T due to its hints of grapefruit and lime flavor.
14 . Leopold’s New York Dry Gin- I love using this lower-proof gin when I’m making my drinks because it still has lots of complex flavors in it without being too strong. It’s perfect for a G&T!
- Daffy’s Gin – This gin is made with botanicals from the garden of England, so it has lots of natural flavors in it that are great when paired with tonic water.
- Plymouth Navy Strength – If you’re looking to take your G&T to the next level, this is the gin to get! It’s got stronger juniper notes than most other gins out there, which gives it a unique bold flavor that makes your drink stand out from the rest!
Please drink responsibly!
What is the smoothest gin??
Hendrick’s Gin is the smoothest gin. It has a variety of floral and citrus flavors, making it a very refreshing choice in cocktails!
What is the strongest gin??
Bombay Sapphire East has a higher proof than most gins, making it a great choice if you’re looking for something with a bit more of a punch.
What is the best gin for a Gin and Tonic??
Any of the gins on this list will work well in a G&T! But if I had to choose, Four Pillars Navy Strength Gin, Beefeater 24 and Citadelle Réserve would be my first choices.
What is the best gin for martinis??
Hendricks Gin, Beefeater 24, and Tanqueray Export Strength are a few of the best gins for martinis. They have subtle flavors that don’t overwhelm your drink but still give it a unique taste.
What is the most popular gin??
Bombay Sapphire Gin is the most popular gin in the world, but there are plenty of other great gins out there that you should definitely try!
What is the cheapest gin??
Gordon’s Gin is a great, cheap gin that’s perfect for mixing drinks. If you want something stronger and more complex, Plymouth Navy Strength Gin is also a great option that won’t break the bank.
What is the most expensive gin??
The most expensive gin on this list is Daffy’s Gin, but it’s not that expensive when you think about what you ‘re getting. It has a very unique flavor that makes it perfect for drinks like Martinis, so it’s well worth the price!
Why do you prefer gin?
I prefer gin because it has lots of complex flavors that are perfect for cocktails. It’s also a very versatile spirit that can be used in a variety of different drinks.
Also Read: TOP 20 Countries which drinks More Gin